Posted by: Zero Saturday, October 4, 2014

The expression No es nada del otro mundo is commonly used when you want to say that something is not that important, although someone thinks that it is.

Spanish English
A: Perdí el examen de química. A: I have failed my Chemistry test.
B: Fresco, no es nada del otro mundo. B: Chill out. It’s nothing to shout about.

You can also use it to say that something or someone are being overrated.

Spanish English
A: ¡Felipe es asombroso, lo sabe todo! A: Felipe is awesome. He knows everything!
B: Qué va. No es nada del otro mundo. B: Bah! He’s no great shakes.

More examples:

 ➊ Me encanta el Señor de los Anillos, pero el final no fue nada del otro mundo. 
 - I love The Lord of the Rings, but the final wasn’t so great.

➋Mis padres celebraron mi nota final, pero creo que no fue nada del otro mundo.
-My parents celebrated mi definitive mark, but I think it was nothing to shout about.

➌No sé qué le ven a ese tipo, no es nada del otro mundo.
 -I don’t know why they like that guy so much. He’s no great shakes.

Choose The best Way to Comment For You:

Blogger
Disqus
Facebook
Google+

{ 2 comentarios ... read them below or Comment }

Don’t be shy. Write something!

Follow me on

Find me on Facebook

Follow by email

Enter your email address to get new content:

Thanks for Subscribing :)

My Tweets

Total Pageviews

My Image Profile

My Photo
Hey, I’m Zero. I’m a translator of Japanese anime and manga and a languages lover. Enjoy my blog.

Don’t Forget to Comment!

Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected  HDLM-5NWQ-SU96-GL5S © - Zero - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - Visit my Fansub SyncRajo -